Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

Tongue Twisters


This term, we have been doing tongue twisters for poetry. We have got ones from books and ones we have written ourselves. Tegan brought in a poem which she saw in the Museum. We have shared some at teamtime and also to some teachers. We quite like to use alliteration now. We have all gotten stuck on each others poems because they are so hard!
The poem Tegan got had so hard words because it was old, even Miss Cowden didn’t know what they meant! You can make tongue twisters so easily, that we end up making up loads and loads. Creating tongue twisters is so much fun!

Here is 1 of everyones:
Lying lions leaping like lollipops,
lollipops labelled lying lions,
lollipops labelled lying lions lept from London,
over to Lucy’s lollipop land,
on one of the lying leaping lions.
Evelyn

Popping Peppers
Piper picked popping peppers
While the popping peppers picked pampering pears
While pampering pears pampered piper
While Piper popped prized pompoms
While the prized pompoms patted pat’s pairing parrots
While pat’s pairing parrots pulled pipper away from the
popping peppers picking pampering pears
While the pampering pears were pampering Piper
Xanthe M

Snickety Snake is a flickery flake
Snickety Snake is a flickery flake
snickety flickery snickety flake
snickety snake ate a flake
and ended up in a deep deep lake
By Sarah

               Lily Lolly Lollypop
Lily Lolly Lollypop licked Lilly lollypops.
Lily Lolly Lollypop labeled Lilly lollypops.
Lily Lolly Lollypop laughed licking Lily Lollypops.
Lily Lolly Lollypop laughed languages.
Lily Lolly Lollypop laughed lasers!
Lotte.

17 comments:

  1. Hello 4CD,
    Sounds like so much fun. The Lily Lolly Lollypop one is really hard to do I tried it and I failed. What one do you guys like the best.

    You guys are doing a great job,
    Thank you Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is your favourite flavoured lollypop out of coke watermelon or
      strawberry.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I have a blog for my Passion Project which is about Photography.

    If you guys are interested in seeing it here it is

    http://2015photographypp.blogspot.co.nz/

    Thank you,
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I really liked your poems some of them got me really con fuddled especially that lily lollypop one, Great job I hope you continue to write more fantastic poems and I cant wait to see more.
    Thanks, Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such amazing tongue twisters! I don't think I could say any of those at speed! I really enjoyed reading all of the adjectives and alliterations in the tongue twisters! How long did it take you to write all of those?

    Keep up your amazing posts and writing!

    Tessa Selwyn House 8CF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello 4CD,
    I love this post!!! I got so confused trying to say them!! It sounds like you had so much fun making them!!!
    Can you say this:
    Growing grey goats graze great green grassy groves.
    It took me a lot of tries to get it!!
    Joanna,
    8PR,
    Selwyn House!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I relly like Lily Lolly POP it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I relly like Lily Lolly POP it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI i like the pome that you made up Lotte. it was sooooooo terific!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you do it like that?!!!!! Mollie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    do you like tongue twisters?
    Annabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh you did my favourite animal Sarah? you did a great Job

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like lily lolly pop

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the snickery snake one Sarah.

    from Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like lolly lolly lolly pop Lottie I really like it. It's so great and cool
    from Elysse

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete